[Marxism] Fwd: Comradely Update: No Copyright for Marx Engels

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon May 5 10:43:25 MDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Comradely Update: No Copyright for Marx Engels
Date: 	Mon, 05 May 2014 16:35:16 +0000
From: 	Ammar Aziz <mail at change.org>
To: 	lnp3 at panix.com

Dear comrades, Red Greetings!

The petition against Lawrence & Wishart - that was started only a few
days ago, to condemn their copyright claim on Marx-Engels Collected
Works - has now been signed around 5000 people from all over the world,
including all of you! It has certainly created a lot of pressure on the
publishers who have responded to our campaign [http://goo.gl/iHsskq],
calling it 'an online abuse'. However, according to the New York Times,
"Lawrence & Wishart has been losing the argument online."
[http://goo.gl/HjOOpa]. The issue has been widely highlighted in the
international media which has strengthened our viewpoint and the
seriousness of the matter.

I wholeheartedly thank you all for signing it and making it possible.
Whether or not they take back their decision, the works have been
downloaded by thousands of people during the last few days who're
spreading them for free! You can also download the volumes 1-49 from, in
full text printers' PDFs, from here! :
http://thecharnelhouse.org/2014/04/29/copyright-controversy-over-marx-engels-collected-works/

Moreover, sadly, I've been receiving some racist / discriminatory emails
with reference to my country, Pakistan. And I've been asked to close
down the petition. In one of such mails, somebody wrote: 'Why are you so
bothered about our country's issues? Deal with your own mess Paki!' In
another email someone else wrote, 'Stop your bigotry against the white
people you commie terrorist...' Little do the haters know that we
Marxists are free from the boundaries of religion and petty notions of
nationalism.

Long Live Internationalism!
Long Live Marxism-Leninism!
Long Live Workers' International Movement!

In solidarity,
Ammar Aziz
https://twitter.com/Ammar_Aziz
ammar_aziz at hotmail.com

This message was sent by Ammar Aziz using the Change.org system. You
received this email because you signed a petition started by Ammar Aziz
on Change.org: "Lawrence & Wishart: No Copyright for Marx Engels
Collected Works." Change.org does not endorse contents of this message.

View the petition
<http://www.change.org/petitions/lawrence-wishart-no-copyright-for-marx-engels-collected-works?utm_source=supporter_message&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=supporter_message>

Unsubscribe from updates about this petition
<http://www.change.org/account_settings/petition_updates_opt_out?email_id=OVBTODXCLOAOBPCEYKOK&event_id=1500375&ue=emn&utm_source=supporter_message&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=supporter_message>