[Marxism] These are our peeps, not Putin

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon May 5 20:24:09 MDT 2014

On May 5, 2014, at 9:24 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> Why would you distinguish yourself from young anarchists and leftists

They were very charming and appealing, and yes, much like
Occupy, to all appearances. Youth is -- almost -- irresistible.

It takes a bit more than that for me to consider somebody 'peeps'
-- and, for that matter, would they consider me 'peeps'? It's a
reciprocal relation, innit?

But yeah, there are a lot of unrelated currents here there and
everywhere. Putin is no angel, and a dim view of plutocracy is
always something to encourage.

On the other hand, it's probably mistaken to imagine that German
or American plutocrats would be preferable to home-brew.

Michael Smith
mjs at smithbowen.net

A man should take care not to be made a proverb; and, therefore, should avoid having any one topick of which people can say, "We shall hear him upon it."

--Dr J