[Marxism] Opposition overstated number of victims of Sarin attackin Syria

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Thu May 8 00:03:47 MDT 2014

Phew. That's good to know that when you use chemical warfare against
tightly packed working class neighbourhoods, it is actually not all that
dangerous after all. Perhaps we should try to ensure we get some sarin
to the opposition since it now seems unlikely that the casualties they
could cause in bourgeois down-town Damascus would be too severe.

But I guess that's also why most of us in the first place stressed that
the inordinate emphasis on one chemical attack, and the bogus 'red
line,' was mainly intended to indicate to Assad that everything less
than that red line was OK. Thus, even if we take the highest quoted
casualty figures for the August chemical attack, around 1400, it means
only 1/100 of the 150,000 killed In Syria were killed by sarin that day.
The others were killed by all the conventional WMD that the regime  uses
every day, so that's OK.

MK