[Marxism] Kherson governor calls Hitler 'liberator' addressing veterans on Victory Day — RT News

h0ost host at mailoo.org
Sat May 10 10:19:20 MDT 2014

On 05/10/2014 08:55 AM, Louis Proyect wrote:

>>>Painting his version of the events further, he challenged history by
> saying that “if you read history books, we have a number of
> documentaries on this, then we see that he [Hitler] first of all put
> forward a slogan of liberating people from the communist yoke, and
> liberating people from the tyrant Stalin,” Odarchenko said, sparking
> anger and outraged by the crowd.<<
>
> In other words, he was not calling Hitler a liberator. Instead he was
> saying that Hitler called himself a liberator. Anybody with a lick of
> sense would have read the article and seen that it was pure bullshit, or
> at least that the headline was a lie. I imagine that the person who
> posted this to Facebook (who should have known better frankly) probably
> didn't bother to get past the headline.

RT.com is absolute shit, I'm surprised it's gotten that much attention
on its YouTube channel.

But, the Kherson governor's speech also framed the war in general terms:
a war against aggressors who invaded people's lands.  Then, he proceeded
to talk about "Stalin's veterans", and communist yoke.  Now, clearly
this guy is a nationalist, and he sees WW II as a struggle between two
oppressive regimes (Hitler vs. Stalin), but then the reaction of the
crowd against him is also understandable.

I'm not sure who had the brilliant idea of ordering troops to attempt an
attack on the occupied building in Mariupol yesterday, but doing this on
May 9, is the best gift they could have given to Putin's propaganda
machine.  Why on May 9th, the symbolism of which in the Ukraine cannot
be overstated?