[Marxism] Meet the Cossack ‘Wolves’ Doing Russia’s Dirty Work in Ukraine | TIME.com

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue May 13 08:55:09 MDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:

Correct. Life is too short to waste on Time magazine.

Tell me about it. If there's any mainstream outlet with less quality
control. I have yet to see it. They'll basically run any sensationalist
crap someone sends them, especially if there's a reasonably big name
involved:

In an article published in Time magazine late last month, Finance Minister
Yair Lapid explained why he supported Israel's decision to suspend talks
with the Palestinian Authority. One of the reasons Lapid lists is the
character of the Hamas regime which rules Gaza.

Hamas "rules over Gaza in a reign of Islamic terror that has resulted in
the murder of hundreds of Christians just because they are Christians, the
oppression of women, and the public hanging of homosexuals from electricity
poles," wrote Lapid.

The claim that Hamas is responsible for the murder of hundreds of
Christians surprised me. I follow what is happening in the Gaza Strip and I
did not remember a report on the murder of hundreds of Christians, whether
because they are Christians or for any other reason. At first I thought
there was a mistake in the Hebrew translation I read on Haaretz's Hebrew
website, but when I read the English original, I saw that was precisely
what Lapid had written ...

http://alray.ps/en/index.php?act=post&id=4352

I have my doubts about the electrical-pole thing, too, but of course when
you start throwing around farcical claims like "hundreds," that makes them
a lot easier to disprove quickly.

--
lytlað."