[Marxism] Meet the Cossack ‘Wolves’ Doing Russia’s Dirty Work in Ukraine | TIME.com

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:00:17 MDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Clay Claiborne <clayclai at gmail.com> wrote:

I get highly annoyed with
> people who think they can avoid that by just impeaching the source. I
> consider it a corrupt practice.

"Impeaching the source" is perfectly legitimate when it comes to media
which have no concern for basic facts. After all, there are very few things
in the world I actually know much about, and when I read about any of the
others (as I should more often), I have to be able to assume that the
factual claims I encounter are, on the balance, likely to be true, however
badly spun. Otherwise, what would be the point? Shooting the messenger is
highly underrated, especially when the messenger tells you a pack of
damn-fool lies and expects you to believe them.

--
lytlað."