[Marxism] [lbo-talk] LA Times: Does the term 'apartheid' fit Israel? Of course it does.

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun May 18 09:46:56 MDT 2014

That's a curious phenomenon because mainstream Israeli politicians have
often characterized the situation in their country as a form of apartheid.
But woe to an American politician or official or journalist who does the
same thing. I'm reminded of what Noam Chomsky used to say many years ago in
comparing the Israeli media to the US media.  Within the Israeli media.
Chomsky contended, there was much more open debate concerning issues like
the Palestinians than there was in the US media, where the parameters
concerning what it was permissible to say were much more tightly drawn.

Jim Farmelant
http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfarmelant
www.foxymath.com