[Marxism] Fwd: Support Ricochet: le journal nouveau genre. A new take on independent media

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed May 21 12:06:24 MDT 2014

I support this project wholeheartedly since Derrick O'Keefe as well as
other good people are behind it.

<https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ricochet-le-journal-nouveau-genre-a-new-take-on-independent-media/x/4199169>

       Introducing Ricochet.

Ricochet is the first of its kind: a bilingual, progressive and
independent online outlet. Ricochet is an audacious answer to the
difficult challenges facing the media landscape. Born out of the Maple
Spring, Ricochet seeks to pioneer a new model of public interest
journalism. Published in two editions, English and French, we will cover
Canadian issues by upholding the core principle of journalism: speaking
truth to power.

       Contribute to our crowdfunding campaign:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ricochet-le-journal-nouveau-genre-a-new-take-on-independent-media/x/5542080

       To take flight, Ricochet needs you! Today, we are launching a
       crowdfunding campaign to raise $75,000 over 31 days. This amount
       will allow us to build our innovative Web platform, assemble a
       talented team of contributors and pay a fair wage to our
       journalists and columnists. Without adequate seed funding,
       Ricochet will not see the light of day. Judy Rebick, Linda
       McQuaig, Muna Mire and Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois are unanimous: it’s a
       bet worth taking.

       Discover a new model for media

By supporting Ricochet, you send a strong signal: that Canadians are
ready to build a real counterweight to the corporate media, crowdfunded
and serving the public interest. Ricochet’s content will be entirely
free, refusing to hide information behind paywalls. By becoming a
member, you will be able to influence the coverage offered by Ricochet
and to participate in our team’s decisions. In the longer term, Ricochet
will pioneer a new model, where our readership will have a chance to
contribute directly to our team’s work. Be a part of it.

Become a member on IndieGoGo
<https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ricochet-le-journal-nouveau-genre-a-new-take-on-independent-media/x/4199169>

Like us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ricochetmedia>

Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/ricochet_fr>

/Copyright © 2014 Ricochet Media, All rights reserved./