[Marxism] Et tu, Slavoj? Must Žižek really be “destroyed”? | The Charnel-House

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed May 28 17:25:28 MDT 2014

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not as if this lunacy tarnishes the Left
Forum’s good name, if only for the fact that there’s no good name to
tarnish. The annual gathering already has the character of a circus — a
“Renaissance fair of the Left,” as a comrade once put it — so this is
really just one more scene in its extended slapstick routine. All the
old corpses come out for this fin de semana de los muertos: aging
hippies, dinosaur sects barely clinging to life, the Friends of the
People of the Soviet Union. So in a way, panels like “Žižek delenda est”
are strangely refreshing. It’s a fresh flavor of paranoid fantasy, our
generation’s version of the show trials. Finally, a new term of reproach
to replace those great epithets of old. Used to be “Trotskyist wreckers”
or “British imperialist agents,” then later COINTELPRO. Now it’s Slavoj
Žižek, deep cover CIA operative.

full:
http://thecharnelhouse.org/2014/05/28/et-tu-slavoj-must-zizek-be-destroyed/