[Marxism] What made evangelical Christians come out of the closet - not abortion or gay rights -

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri May 30 10:40:25 MDT 2014

Leaving aside the historical questions, I'll note that Robin's careless
conflation of "evangelical" with "white Christian right" is monumentally
dumb. It's the kind of blunder, like confusing "Jewish" with "Kahanist" or
"Islamic" with "Wahabist," that makes it hard to take the rest of what he
has to say seriously, whatever its merits.

I mean, is it really lost on his lot that Martin Luther King Jr. was
definitively evangelical? My black, liberal Democratic state assemblyman in
Brooklyn is as well, pastoring a non-denominational evangelical church (
http://www.abundantlifeny.com). These examples are not rare; they represent
a huge chunk of what evangelicalism is.

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Dennis Brasky via Marxism <