[Marxism] Fwd: Support Ricochet: A bilingual new media project

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri May 30 16:30:05 MDT 2014

Support Ricochet: A bilingual new media project

Bilingual, crowdfunded and independent, Ricochet is a first of its kind
media outlet in Canada.

In just the first week of our Crowdfunder, Ricochet has raised over
$30,000 from over 500 donors. That's a great start, but we still need
your help to reach our goal of $75,000 by June 20.

To contribute today visit:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ricochet-le-journal-nouveau-genre-a-new-take-on-independent-media/x/5542080

Ricochet also received an endorsement from The Council of Canadians this
week: "If you look at the team Ricochet has brought together, you'll see
a group of ten people, including [Derrick] O'Keefe, Ethan Cox and Cloe
Zawadzki-Turcotte -- with impressive experience, diverse backgrounds,
and evident dynamism." (Read the full text here:
http://canadians.org/blog/ricochet-counterweight-corporate-media)

With your help, Ricochet will help a new generation of muckrakers and
investigative journalists hold corporate Canada to account and highlight
the stories of marginalized communities too often left untold. Ricochet
will dedicate serious resources for reportage on Indigenous peoples,
and, with autonomous francophone and anglophone editorial committees
working collaboratively, we will build bridges of understanding across
cultures.

The team behind Ricochet believes that to change the world we must also
change the media.

Help us be the change - donate and spread the word today! Visit
http://ricochetmedia.ca

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ricochetmedia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ricochet_en