[Marxism] Fwd: Apostles of Growth | The Nation

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Nov 7 07:30:55 MST 2014

On 11/7/14 9:26 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:
> A very long and interesting review of some new books that are focused on
> the role of slavery in the development of American capitalism. Although
> it is a critique of that view, it is not from the typical "Political
> Marxism" perspective.
>
> http://www.thenation.com/article/188369/apostles-growth

I just realized that Shenk was the author of another Nation Magazine
article that tried to "debunk" Marxist theory. I am not sure whether I
didn't read his latest article carefully enough (probable) but his
earlier one was a crock of shit. I think I will re-examine this one more
carefully.

My critique of his earlier article:

http://louisproyect.org/2014/04/15/in-response-to-timothy-shenk/