[Marxism] Me in Green Left Weekly on tax avoidance and the G20

John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Sat Nov 8 03:13:05 MST 2014

I have an article on tax avoidance and the G20 in Green Left Weekly.

Here is how I finish it up:

The best way to address the shift in wealth from labour to capital is
not through the tax system but through fighting for big real wage
increases. Our task should be to help build all those economic and
political battles to strengthen our class in its fight for equity and
justice, including tax justice and tax equity.

The protests against the G20 in Brisbane should be one focus. Tax the
rich is a slogan we can take to those protests. Real tax change won’t
come from the politicians of the 1%, it has to come from us mobilising
along with the mass of people for such change as part of a wider
campaign for equity and justice economically and politically.

Fighting for tax justice can be and has to be part of that wider
national and international struggle.

http://enpassant.com.au/2014/11/08/me-in-green-left-weekly-on-tackling-tax-avoidance-at-the-g20/
<http://enpassant.com.au/2014/11/08/me-in-green-left-weekly-on-tackling-tax-avoidance-at-the-g20/>