[Marxism] Hezbollah: US Not in Favour of Destabilizing Syrian Gov’t

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:49:44 MST 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Michael Karadjis <mkaradjis at gmail.com>
wrote:

  If you mean Hezbollah picked up a story originating in Israel, well, no,
> THAT story has been around a week or so now, and Israel was not the only
> source.

Was it? By most accounts, it was broken by the Wall Street Journal three
and a half days ago:

http://on.wsj.com/1yp8eB7

The WSJ's sources are, of course, anonymous. I have my suspicions, but
won't waste time on speculation.

> But that story simply said the US had assured Iran that the Assad regime
> would not be a target of its intervention. Actually, that is old news. But
> the al-Manar article claimed the US was not in favour of any
> destabilisation of the Assad regime, a considerably stronger statement.
> Which means either that it is a different story that hezbollah ahs got hold
> of, or Hezbollah is so thrilled by the idea of a US-Assad alliance that it
> deliberately exaggerates the story. Take your pick

Umm ... have you ever read al-Manar before? They exaggerate everything in
English.

> Again I don’t follow. These 2 articles are from 2013, how are they
> “following it immediately”?

Do you follow what "it" is? It's in the immediately preceding paragraph:

"The speed with which [the US] realigned a large part of its regional
strategy after the Egyptian coup was almost comical."

--
lytlað."