[Marxism] Fwd: The Crisis of Cosmology - Part one

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Nov 20 10:41:26 MST 2014

On Nov 20, 2014, at 11:51 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> The current cosmological theories can be broadly divided in two –
> and then in two again. At the atomic and sub-atomic scale we have
> quantum mechanics and the Standard Model of Particle Physics (SMPP).
> At the scale of stars and galaxies – and even larger – we have
> Einstein’s theories of general relativity and the Standard Model of
> Big Bang Cosmology (SMBBC)...
>
> full: http://www.marxist.com/the-crisis-of-cosmology-part-one.htm

This effort somehow is missing one little word--electricity (which
Herakleitos called "fire").  Much more than a century after Khristian
Birkeland showed that the auroras are produced by an electric current
(now euphemistically called "solar wind") between sun and earth! And
long after Halton Arp proved that "redshift" has nothing to do with
the distancr or velocity of perceived cosmic objects!The easy part of
a critique is to point out--verbally--the common sense contradictions
in established cosmology and throwing in quotations from Engels et.
al. But what is needed is devotion of all those presently-wasted
scientific resources to formulation of an approach to the cosmos in
which the theory of electricity is central.

Shane Mage

This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it
always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,
kindling in measures and going out in measures.

Herakleitos of Ephesos