[Marxism] An anti-imperialist manifesto

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 17:57:59 MST 2014

*1. AGAINST THE NEW ZEALAND STATE AND ITS FOREIGN POLICY*

An anti-imperialist perspective in New Zealand can only begin with total
opposition to the policies and initiatives of our own ruling class. New
Zealand is an advanced capitalist society, part of the First World,
presided over by an exploiting ruling class which is part of the problem
not part of the solution.

New Zealand nationalism has been historically the ideology through which
the capitalist class here coheres society around its own interests and
power. In particular this ideology binds NZ workers to their lown
exploiters, obscures class divisions within this country and keeps workers
from developing an anti-capitalist outlook. At crucial times it serves to
line workers up behind our ruling class in wars against workers of other
countries.
Much of the left has been part of this reactionary nationalist consensus. .
. .  Full at:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/11/13/towards-an-anti-imperialist-movement-a-manifesto/

Hopefully of relevance throughout the imperialist world.

Phil