[Marxism] Fwd: The probability of human existence, calculated - Salon.com

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Nov 24 09:10:20 MST 2014

On Nov 24, 2014, at 10:17 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote

> http://www.salon.com/2014/11/23/the_probability_of_human_existence_calculated_partner/

Idiots. Speculating about the "probability" of a particular event
occurring in a [virtually] infinite population of events (the
universe) about which [virtually] nothing is known. The only things we
know about the universe are that we and our world exist--and that even
were all humans (on the model of so many "scientists") idiotic
mechanisms devoid of consciousness, our world nevertheless (despite
all our human efforts) still contains huge numbers of highly
intelligent conscious organisms (cats, beavers, dolphins, bees, etc.,
etc.,).

If the rest of the universe is devoid of life and consciousness, the
likely explanation would be that it somehow everywhere inevitably
generates dominant human-like specieses and therefore the rapid and
systematic eradication of life and consciousness.

Shane Mage

"L'après-vie, c'est une auberge espagnole. L'on n'y trouve que ce
qu'on a apporté."

Bardo Thodol