[Marxism] Effacing the radical tradition in the American Jewish community

Lüko Willms marxmail at lws-media.de
Fri Nov 28 10:32:09 MST 2014

on Donnerstag, 27. November 2014 at 15:55, Marv Gandall via Marxism wrote:

> Here’s a long but interesting piece (h/t Gordon Peffer) by Rachel
> Cohen, a writer for the liberal bimonthly American Prospect, on the
> expunging from the Jewish American historical memory of the
> community’s secular, left-wing, working class origins.

  What a coincidence. As it happens, I am currently reading the 1998 book by Karen Brodkin, "How Jews became White Folks, and What That Says About Race in America". Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, NJ. ISBN 0-8135-2590-X

  I am in the middle of the fourth of five chapters, "Not quite white: Gender and Jewish Identity".

  Based on what I have read up to now, I can highly recommend it. Here is the "Summary" of Chapter 2: "Race Making":

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany