[Marxism] Fwd: Syria Daily: US Solution for Conflict — Biometric Checks on “Moderate” Insurgents | EA WorldView

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Nov 29 07:31:47 MST 2014

(I love how "an official" refers to "folks" below, a reminder of how the
chief executive's faux "aw shucks" manner has filtered down to the rest
of his minions.)

US officials have explained to The Washington Post how they will resolve
Syria’s 44-month conflict through their program to train and equip 5,000
insurgents over the next year.

The sources said prospective fighters will have psychological
evaluations, biometrics checks, and stress tests”.

An official at the US Central Command reassured, “In the special
operations community, we have a pretty long history of vetting and
screening surrogate forces that we’ve worked with.”

The new plan goes even farther: “[It]

But the new plan “is unique to Syria, because we’re going to work with
folks that we won’t accompany once we employ them,” he said. “So vetting
and screening becomes even more important.”

full:
http://eaworldview.com/2014/11/syria-daily-us-solution-conflict-biometric-checks-moderate-insurgents/