[Marxism] A question for those in American accademia

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 17:50:07 MDT 2014

Just how big of a deal is the current shit-show around the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's firing of Steven Salaita for his outspoken
anti-Zionism?

I've seen Zionists essentially call it a tempest in a teapot, and my
knowledge of academic politics is so weak, I have no idea if they could be
telling the truth.

Some on our side make it sound more like the storm of the century, but our
side (not necessarily the same ones) can have reasons to exaggerate things,
too.

Does anyone with more experience in such matters care to offer a somewhat
objective analysis of the scale of the situation?

--
lytlað."