[Marxism] Fwd: Workers' rights and 2014 elections: latest pieces at Redline blog

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:31:53 MDT 2014

A mixture of a bit of political satire and some deadly serious stuff,
questioning whether there is really anything to vote for in the New Zealand
2014 general election.

Don Franks:
NZ Election 2014, the day after:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/09/06/new-zealand-election-2014-the-day-after/

Daphna Whitmore:
"Just because I don't vote doesn't make me less of a citizen":
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/just-because-i-dont-vote-doesnt-make-me-less-of-a-citizen/

Not Voting is (or can be) a Political Act - we link to a new Facebook page
regarding the 2014 NZ elections:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/09/09/not-voting-is-a-political-act/

And don't forget our earlier trio of pieces by veteran working class
activist Don Franks:
What I'll do instead of voting this election:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/what-ill-do-instead-of-voting-this-election/
Parliament does not exist:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/parliament-does-not-exist/
How do we challenge capitalist bullshit:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/06/11/how-do-we-challenge-capitalist-bullshit/

Further articles:
We've also stuck up Andy Warren, 'Knock, knock - you're dead', about the
militarisation of the American police:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/knock-knock-youre-dead-the-militarisation-of-the-police-force-in-the-land-of-the-free/
Part 5 of Steve Masterson's series on dialectics is on Dialectics and
Praxis:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/dialectics-pt-5-dialectics-and-praxis/

This week we have only one reprint; it's a piece from Al-Jazeera on the
Kurds who are fighting the Islamic State:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/09/08/the-other-kurds-fighting-the-islamic-state/

Please circulate this email to anyone you think might be interested.

Phil
(for Redline collective)