[Marxism] Fwd: Berkeley chancellor angers faculty members with rem arks on civility and free speech @insidehighered

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Sep 9 07:21:46 MDT 2014

Back in the 1950s when the Communist philosopher Barrows Dunham refused to provide the HUAC any testimony beyond his name, address and date of birth, Temple University fired Professor Dunham for "intellectual arrogance" as well as his "obvious contempt of Congress."  Nowadays, we see university administrations using "civility" or rather the alleged lack thereof  to justify the unhiring of professors and as a cudgel to discipline faculty generally.  I wonder how long it will be before university administrations begin to punish or fire professors for "intellectual arrogance."

Jim Farmelant
http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant
http://www.foxymath.com
Learn or Review Basic Math