[Marxism] Fwd: Steven Salaita statement | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:01:46 MDT 2014

On Sep 9, 2014, at 9:03 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> http://louisproyect.org/2014/09/09/steven-salaita-statement/

From Salaita's statement:

"Even more troubling are the documented revelations that the decision to terminate me is a result of pressure from wealthy donors – individuals who expressly dislike my political views."

So Wise's contention that her decision regarding Salaita "was not influenced in any way by his positions on the conflict in the Middle East nor his criticism of Israel"[1] is - at the risk of seeming uncivil - complete, utter and documented fucking bullshit.

[1] http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/university-of-illinois-steven-salaita-gaza-war-tweets-academic-freedom-first-amendment/Content?oid=14917396