[Marxism] Question about People's Climate March

Glenn Kissack gkissack at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 10 20:55:03 MDT 2014

	I’ll be joining other members of my faculty union on Sunday, September 21 for the People’s Climate March, during the UN conference on climate change. It should be very large, with people coming from all over the country. 70 unions and 1000 organizations have endorsed the march. Many tens of thousands — maybe more — will be there.

http://peoplesclimate.org/march/

	Yet I know very little about the leadership of the march, what its demands are, or what its analysis is of the ecological crisis we face. I’ve been told that Bill McKibben and his 350.org initiated the event, but others are now involved. As for demands, there don’t seem to be any. And for analysis, I couldn’t find anything at the website.

	I was wondering if members of this list had thoughts about PCM — its leadership, politics, future.

Thanks,
Glenn