[Marxism] Question about People's Climate March

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 16:35:22 MDT 2014

Having followed the preparations absentmindedly, it strikes me as something
akin to the anti-summit protests a little over a decade ago, or perhaps
Occupy, with too many people and organizations to form any coherent agenda.

Which is not a bad thing, of course. (It's not a good thing either, but
it's all we'll get this year or the next.) In the best case scenario, a
number of different groups will use the energy of the mobilization to push
forward in more concrete ways, as happened when protesters went their own
ways, many forming or revitalizing hundreds of different organizations,
after the summit protests fizzled.

Right now, we simply can't expect sustained, coherent efforts, in any sort
of radical direction, from presently-existing bodies capable of getting
hundreds of thousands onto the streets. C'est la vie. Make the most of what
limited mass struggle exists, with an eye towards how you'll keep the best
part of it going into the future.

I was wondering if members of this list had thoughts about PCM — its

--
lytlað."