[Marxism] Fwd: Michael Moore Slams Obama: All He’ll Be Remembered for Is ‘First Black President’ | Mediaite

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 19:28:47 MDT 2014

What did I mean that Afro Americans had to go through the experience of a
black presidency?  The answer seems obvious to me.  The class always has to
learn and often the hard way through experience.

I do not live in the USA of course and so cannot speak from direct
experience, but I would hazard the guess that Afro-Americans are probably
still rusted on to Obama and will remain loyal to the end.  I have no
criticisms of that-  comprendre est tout pardonner.

What I do criticize, is the continued fostering of the noxious illusion
that there is a progressive moment left in the Democratic Party. Hopefully
the experience of the Obama presidency may have hastened the end that
particular delusion.

Without  wishing to strike a far left note, it seems to me that the deep
structure of Moore's criticism of Obama is that a progressive Democratic
President is still a possibility.  I would hold that it is not.

comradely

Gary