[Marxism] Fwd: The growing intimacy between Bard College and the American military | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Sep 16 10:10:38 MDT 2014

Parents, don’t let your kids grow up to be Bardians.

I say that as a Bard graduate who went there when it was a bohemian
outpost even if it wasn’t very radical. There’s one thing I know,
however. Under President Reamer Kline, an Episcopalian minister who
ruffled the feathers of the student body on more than one occasion, you
would have never seen the kind of outrageous partnership with the US
military that has been developing under President-for-life Leon
Botstein, who once had the temerity to invoke Karl Marx in a
commencement address in the 1980s. Well, you know what they say about
the devil quoting scripture.

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2014/09/16/the-growing-intimacy-between-bard-college-and-the-american-military/