[Marxism] Fwd: Defending Palestine Solidarity Activists: An Interview with Dima Khalidi

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 19 07:34:25 MDT 2014

NN: What has PSLS uncovered about this interrelationship between Israeli
government pressure and funding of these groups and US government
involvement in any if these cases?

DK: In several cases we have encountered, the role of the Israeli
government has been public, and in many others, we can only guess at the
influence it is having. We know in big criminal cases that Israel has
been the impetus behind some prosecutions and has provided the US
government with much evidence, often tainted by torture and utter
disregard for human rights and due process. This was the case in
Muhammad Salah’s trial in 2006 on terrorism-related charges, as well as
in the Holy Land Five case. It is very likely the case now in the
prosecution of Rasmea Odeh, a beloved community activist who has done
amazing work organizing Arab women in Chicago for over a decade. Odeh
allegedly committed immigration fraud ten years ago because she did not
mention on her naturalization application that she was arrested,
convicted by an Israeli military court, and imprisoned for ten years by
Israel for a crime she says she did not commit. During her interrogation
by Israeli security forces, she was brutally tortured. Her trial will
take place in Detroit this fall.

full:
http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/19236/defending-palestine-solidarity-activists_an-interv