[Marxism] What if FDR had declared war against both Hitler & Stalin

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 08:52:06 MDT 2014

I think Clay's first paragraph makes a valid point about the choices
available in a three-way war, and whether and why to try to make it
two-way. I wouldn't use the same formulations as he does to characterize
the Soviet regime, but that's irrelevant to the point of the parallel he
draws re the various combatants.
I will say though that on the web in the last couple days the justified
exposure and outrage over Obama's cuddling up to Assad has sometimes let
JAN politically off the hook. Yes, they have fought both Assad and ISIS.
And yes, that Obama is attacking them and not Assad is rightly seen (as the
Syrian quotes in the article make clear) as proof of US imperialism's
disregard for the Syrian people. But, as Syrian and other Arab
revolutionaries have been pointing out, JAN are reactionary scum.
Depicting the reality of the contending forces accurately does not require
glossing over the politics of any of those forces.