[Marxism] Damascus scenes

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Sep 24 12:05:47 MDT 2014

On 9/24/14 2:01 PM, Ron Jacobs wrote:
> I am not trying to convince anybody of anything, Louis.  Provoke,
> perhaps, but not convince.

The real issue is the same as it was with Seymour Hersh. He asks you to
believe what an unnamed spook told him about sarin gas and Lamb ask you
to trust his sources, like this:

"This observers friend of more than three years, whose name is withheld
for his security, but who is known to several foreigners here who seek
English speaking ‘fixers’ has lived most of his life in Barzeh and he
knows many of the militia guys. He reports that currently there are only
two foreign fighters in Barzeh, one from Algeria and one from Saudi
Arabia.  He expressed shock to me that last week one of his best
child-hood friends—who joined al Nusra eighteen months ago, suddenly
disappeared.  A few days later my friend got a ‘what’s up’ message from
Turkey with a telephone number to call his friend.  He did and learned
to his amazement, since his friend was one of the leaders of al Nusra
locally, that his fried had shaved his beard, changed his style of
clothing and left Barzeh without telling anyone. Now he reports that he
wears shorts and swims during the day on the Turkish coast and no longer
has any desire to fight anyone."

This bullshit is laughable.