[Marxism] What if FDR had declared war against both Hitler & Stalin

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Sep 24 16:29:37 MDT 2014

On 9/24/14 6:15 PM, Joseph Catron via Marxism wrote:
> Well, I'm pretty sure that I and 1.8 million others in Gaza all have PTSD.
> Curiously, none of us have yet eaten each other.

For the information of new subscribers, Joseph is (was? I am not sure) a
defender of the Baathist dictatorship, reflecting I suppose the feelings
of a segment of the Palestinian movement that had those sorry politics
but not Hamas.

I don't think there's any point belaboring an obviously deranged act
such as this one that went viral. In terms of moral calculus, I think
that napalming a schoolyard is far sicker than anything that was ever
done by the FSA. It was to the everlasting shame of a section of the
left that it tried to spin Baathist atrocities as the necessary defense
against jihadists. To my way of thinking, it is like defending the IDF's
regular blood-letting in Gaza.