[Marxism] What if FDR had declared war against both Hitler &Stalin

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 24 20:03:15 MDT 2014

At 13:01 24-09-14 -0500, Clay Claiborne via Marxism wrote:

>Well, I've
only heard of one FSA soldier eating his enemy's liver or heart.
>How about
you? Doesn't that make it a "rare exception" to use your happy
>phrase?

Exactly. As much as that one incident has been repeated in order to paint
the "moderate" (geez, I hate that term!) opposition as violators of human
rights, you have to wonder why they always point to the same single (and
unique) incident if it were really part of a pattern. And as for the act of
eating a human heart itself, I still have to wonder what level of crime is
involved given that it was taken from a dead man. I guess it's considered
"extreme," but a war crime? When I first heard that story I remember I was
disgusted and sickened: how could someone put such a thing in their mouth??
I was grossed out, and didn't think I could ever bring myself to do such a
thing for the cause (even if it had been a good idea). Only later did I
appreciate that it also involved desecration of a human body which is
universally frowned upon. Yet in any war there are a huge number of bodies
which don't get a "decent burial" in addition to ones that are deliberately
abused.

Well I suppose everyone has their priorities. But for me, I'd much prefer
to know that my heart would get eaten or any other disgusting thing happen
to my body after I was already dead, compared to having one fingernail
pulled out or one bone broken. This one "FSA war crime" just has  me
yawning......

- Jeff