[Marxism] Fwd: "Dress Rehearsal for McCarthyism" presentation

William Quimby quimbywm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:41:21 MDT 2015

Amazing work! I hope that this is getting a lot of attention - not only
in New York
but around the country.

This is a also a traveling exhibit? If anyone hears of a scheduled tour
please post.

FYI the pamphlet "Senator Coudert's star chamber : a report on the
Rapp-Coudert
Committee private hearings, January to March, 1941" is an easy scan, and
is online at

<http://digitool.fcla.edu/R/2ME48Y9HIC531JL2UIRISAPBAP71K5UP82IE7GIHU9Q1HE55PC-00681?func=dbin-jump-full&object_id=891961&local_base=GEN01&pds_handle=GUEST>

- Bill

On 04/01/2015 1:00 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:
> Join Carol Smith as she brings  to life a unique chapter in the
 > history of CCNY with photographs, cartoons, and graphics documenting
 > the rising tide of student and faculty activism spawned by the Great
 > Depression and European fascism. This resulted in various suspensions
 > and expulsions and a state legislative investigation, which
 > ultimately led to the dismissal of fifty CCNY faculty and staff: the
 > largest academic purge in U.S. history.
 >
 > A related virtual exhibit can be found at
 >
 > http://www.virtualny.cuny.edu/gutter/panels/panel1.html
 > <http://www.virtualny.cuny.edu/gutter/panels/panel1.html>

---