[Marxism] Query

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 1 12:38:40 MDT 2015

Sometime in the 1980s I either read or read about a book that examined
the wastefulness of capitalism, not about the environment but for
example the existence of industries for which there is really no need,
like advertising, public relations, corporate law, etc. Plus, the
duplication of so many financial services that could be dispensed from a
single source; the existence of competing products that are identical
except for the packaging (aspirin, detergent, etc.)

The book I am looking for is very specifically related to this so ones
that it sounds close to are not really relevant to my needs (like "The
Affluent Society", for example.)