[Marxism] Left liberals under attack in Ukraine

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 1 15:19:01 MDT 2015

On 4/1/15 4:00 PM, Roger Annis via Marxism wrote:
> Left Opposition member Vitaliy Dudin was attacked on March 31 late in the evening near a metro stop in Kyiv by a right-wing mob of some ten people. The attackers justified their brutal violence by stating that Dudin and his comrades are supporters of the Donetsk Peoples Republic. The Left Opposition, of course, is a harsh critic and opponent of the DPR. A news report is here (use Google Translate):http://socportal.info/2015/04/01/u-kiyevi-stavsya-chergovij-napad-na-profspilkovogo-aktivista.html.
>
> This is only the latest such attack on the left-liberal opponents of the autonomy movement in eastern Ukraine.

I think that Roger Annis is long past the point where he is interested
in changing minds here but if I were him, I'd be a bit more careful
about labeling Vitally Dudin as a left-liberal. Dudin is interviewed here:

http://observerukraine.net/2014/06/01/to-build-the-home-called-solidarity-an-interview-with-vitaliy-dudin/

It will be obvious that he has nothing in common with the left-liberals
like Robert Parry and Stephen F. Cohen that Roger makes common cause with.