[Marxism] More pressure on Tsipras to break with Left Platform

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 18:51:49 MDT 2015

This is shaping up as a and possibly *the * decisive struggle of our time.
I am beginning to think that this is something on the level of the Spanish
Civil War for significance.

This comment: "A senior official in a eurozone finance ministry added:
“This government cannot survive.”" should be rewritten to say

 "A senior official in a eurozone finance ministry added "This government
cannot be allowed to survive"."

For that is what it is about.  The ruling class believe that Syriza must
be destroyed because it contains within it the possibility of the negation
of neo-liberal austerity, if not capitalism itself. I doubt if they have
been this frightened since the early 70s.

The recent interview, *Dangerous Days ahead*, in Jacobin between Alain
Badiou & Stathis Kouvelakis , in my reading, shows that what is
particularly dangerous about Syriza is that it contains the seeds of the
ending of the marginalization of the Left and it lays out a path to use the
mass movements as a springboard for splitting the State.

As always we shall see.

comradely

Gary