[Marxism] Fwd: Orion Magazine | Defending Darwin

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 6 07:06:12 MDT 2015

We live in a nation where public acceptance of evolution is the second
lowest of thirty-four developed countries, just ahead of Turkey. Roughly
half of Americans reject some aspect of evolution, believe the earth is
less than ten thousand years old, and that humans coexisted with
dinosaurs. Where I live, many believe evolution to be synonymous with
atheism, and there are those who strongly feel I am teaching heresy to
thousands of students. A local pastor, whom I’ve never met, wrote an
article in The University Christian complaining that, not only was I
teaching evolution and ignoring creationism, I was teaching it as a
non-Christian, alternative religion.

full: https://orionmagazine.org/article/defending-darwin/