[Marxism] Fwd: “We should recognize that there are other imperialisms”: A Marxist dissident explains what the left gets wrong about Russia - Salon.com

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 11:40:25 MDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <
marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

So firstly, it’s not true that it was a fascist coup in Ukraine because a
> “coup” is an action of a small, organized, armed group of people. [In
> Ukraine] the “coup” . . . had the clear support of hundreds of thousands of
> people. Even if you don’t like it you should recognize that it was a real
> huge movement with the big support of the population of Ukraine.

Has there ever been a successful coup, from Pinochet's in Chile to Sisi's
in Egypt, that did not mobilize large numbers of supporters? Frankly, that
doesn't sound like a very well-planned coup at all.

--
lytlað."