[Marxism] Technical question

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 6 11:42:43 MDT 2015

I managed to get a hold of "Adalen 31", one of the finest leftwing films
ever made, that deals with the general strike that brought in the first
social democratic government in Sweden.

Since it requires you to select "English subtitles" before the film
starts, it is impossible for me to directly convert the raw VOB files
into MP4, something I usually do when processing video files in IMovie.

When I put the DVD into my Mac, it will start the DVD Player program,
which unlike Quicktime does not have any option to "record from screen".
Does anybody know of a way to record from DVD Player directly? Or will I
have to just record from my TV screen when I am playing it from the DVD
player I ordinarily use for watching screeners?