[Marxism] Fwd: Associate Professor Sues Harvard Over Tenure Denial | WBUR

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 6 13:54:01 MDT 2015

Two years ago, Theidon went to the chairman of her department when she’d
learned Harvard had denied her tenure.

“And he was baffled, and suggested I go talk to the vice provost for
diversity, Judith Singer,” Theidon said in a recent interview at the
office of one her attorneys.

Theidon said Singer soon met with her, but that the conversation left
her feeling “stunned.”

“I was told, among other things, ‘Kimberly, they discussed your
political activities. You know, most people wait on those kinds of
political activities until they have tenure,’ ” Theidon said.

Theidon, who is an expert on sexual violence, says when Singer cited
“political activities,” she meant Theidon’s defense of sexual assault
victims at Harvard. Theidon was a vocal supporter on campus of the
rights of survivors of sexual assault.

full: http://www.wbur.org/2015/04/06/harvard-tenure-lawsuit-sexual-assault