[Marxism] Fwd: In the Middle East, our enemy's enemy must be our friend - Voices - The Independent

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Apr 12 14:42:16 MDT 2015

On 4/12/15 4:33 PM, A.R. G wrote:

> I am weary of trying to read too much into anti-imperialist writing. It
> is difficult to find an appropriate position re: Syria. If you go too
> far in one direction, you're "pro-Assad". If you go too far in the
> other, you're an imperialist. Reminds me of the space (or lack thereof)
> prior to the US invasion of Iraq, wherein you were either with the war
> or with the regime. "Neither" never appears to be an option with
> articulate spokespeople.

Maybe the answer is to find out more about what Syrians think. You've
invested considerable time into understanding the Palestinian POV. I
think that the Syrians deserve the same kind of consideration. I'd start
with the documentary "Return to Homs" that is now available on Vimeo for
$3.99:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/returntohoms