[Marxism] A vote to 86

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:40:52 MDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 12:26 AM, A.R. G <amithrgupta at gmail.com> wrote:

Last I checked it means kill someone, so this should constitute a
violent
> threat.

"It's a slang expression, encountered primarily in restaurant context.
When you eighty-six someone, you refuse to serve them."
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/14334/what-does-the-term-86d-relate-to

Ridiculous, if that's what Anthony meant. I've disagreed with Joe a few
times lately and I think he was being unnecessarily personal in the
recent exchange, but let's not go around ejecting people just because
discussion gets a little hot. As Joe says, it gets much hotter in Gaza.
And for that matter Yarmouk.