[Marxism] Yarmouk: trapped between two counter-revolutions

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:27:16 MDT 2015

Dear John,

I do have such a busy schedule shoring up my dictatorship, but I knew i
just had to find time to drop you a short note and thank you for this line:

But the responsibility for the growth of Isis lies with the West.

True, I ran the rat-line is Syria for these thugs when they were killing
Americans in Iraq. True I let them all out of prison and gave them money
when the revolution started in 2011. True, I've given them safe haven in
Raqqa so they could build their strength. True, I bought their oil. And
True, I stood down the siege of Yarmouk to let them in. But I certainly
don't want people knowing I did any of these things. So again, I can't
thank you enough for this one-line summary of ISIS history:

  But the responsibility for the growth of Isis lies with the West.

John Kerry called me his "dear friend," I would be proud if you would do
the same.

Warmly,

Bashar