[Marxism] In Test for Unions and Politicians, a Nationwide Protest on Pay

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:28:03 MDT 2015

The turnout yesterday was good. Hundreds of home care workers, smaller
contingents from others - but thousands of building trades members, who
came to the rally after picketing a nonunion construction site nearby.
The trades had their own rally in support of Fightfor15 a couple days ago.
That, and the broadening to home care et al., is a promising sign of the
movement's evolution beyond fast food.
It will be interesting to see debriefings in coming days about the politics
and organization of the movement, especially in comparison to previous
years' post-mortems.