[Marxism] FWD: ILWU Local 10 decided tonight to shutdown port of Oakland on May Day to protest police killings

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 22:25:06 MDT 2015

FWD

April 16,  2015

To our Friends of ILWU Local 10,

On behalf of the members of the South Carolina AFL-CIO and working men and
women in this country and around the world, we want to commend ILWU Local
10 for your courageous actions of solidarity with the families and
communities of the many police killings and brutalities that have unjustly
stolen the lives of innocent victims and robbed their communities of trust
and faith in their law enforcement and government.
Steeped deep in a history of activism,  ILWU Local 10 has been on the front
lines to protest the injustices faced by workers around the world and to
support workers in the midst of their trials throughout the last century.
Your power to truth and generosity to those in need are a beacon of hope
and a symbol of freedom to workers every where.
You supply courage to the members of the SC AFL-CIO as we continue to
address the unwarranted  killing of Walter Scott. We will share your
message of solidarity and reach out to workers around the country to join
with us on May 1st in actions to protest the continuing unjustified
killings.

In Solidarity,

ErinMcKee, President
Charles Brave, Vice President