[Marxism] al-Qaeda influenced by Marxism? Really?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Apr 21 06:27:38 MDT 2015

On 4/21/15 2:25 AM, Joaquín Bustelo via Marxism wrote:
> The July 26 Movement did not have a policy or tactic of burning down
> sugar mills, whether to weaken the social base of the dictatorship nor
> bring about police repression.

This is what I learned from reading Julia Sweig's "Inside the Cuban
Revolution: Fidel Castro and the Urban Underground". I borrowed the book
from the Columbia library and can't give you much more than a reference
to Frank Pais organizing sabotage activities on p. 16 of her
introduction in https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0674044193. I read
the book, I should add, mostly because it is a primary source for the
mass urban component of the July 26th Movement that refutes the claim by
Sam Farber and Tony Gonzalez that it was rural guerrilla warfare that
accounted for the fall of Batista.