[Marxism] Fwd: Freedom Rider: Michael Eric Dyson: Crab in a Barrel | Black Agenda Report

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 22 15:39:43 MDT 2015

by BAR editor and senior columnist Margaret Kimberley
“He stands with our enemies against one of our champions.”
How does one dissect Michael Eric Dyson’s 10,000-word screed against
Cornel West? Not only is the attack purely personal, an act of bitter
malice, but Dyson uses The New Republic, an openly racist organ, as his
platform.

The title, “The Ghost of Cornel West,” is rather odd. No one except
Dyson was aware that West had declined, even figuratively. Cornel West
is the author or co-author of twenty-three books. He is a sought after
advocate and is called upon by people all over the world to speak for
them and with them as they struggle against police brutality, occupation
and environmental destruction. West is a voice of principled conscience
and is highly respected.

full: http://blackagendareport.com/dyson-crab-in-a-barrel