[Marxism] Fwd: Adam Sandler is awful, and it’s all our fault - The Washington Post

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Apr 24 06:15:34 MDT 2015

As Sandler’s movies have gone downhill over the past decade and a half,
however, it increasingly looks like the joke is on us — and has been all
along.

On Wednesday, nearly a dozen Native American actors walked off the set
of Sandler’s most recent film, “The Ridiculous Six,” citing insulting
jokes in Sandler’s script. “The examples of disrespect included Native
women’s names such as Beaver’s Breath and No Bra, an actress portraying
an Apache woman squatting and urinating while smoking a peace pipe, and
feathers inappropriately positioned on a teepee,” Indian Country
reported. Sandler stars in the movie. His company, Happy Madison, is
producing the film for Netflix.

One actor called the costumes “stereotypical” and the jokes “offensive.”

“We talked to the producers about our concerns,” said another Native
American actor, Allison Young. “They just told us, ‘If you guys are so
sensitive, you should leave.’ I was just standing there and got
emotional and teary-eyed. I didn’t want to cry but the feeling just came
over me. This is supposed to be a comedy that makes you laugh. A film
like this should not make someone feel this way.

full:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/24/adam-sandler-is-awful-and-its-all-our-fault/