[Marxism] Must Read on ISIS

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:01:42 MDT 2015

Nader Hashemi posted this to the critical Syria list and I agree, it is a
MUST READ!

This paragraph struck me as appropriate to cite here:

When Raqqa fell to the rebels in March 2013, a city council was rapidly
> elected. Lawyers, doctors and journalists organized themselves. Women's
> groups were established. The Free Youth Assembly was founded, as was the
> movement "For Our Rights" and dozens of other initiatives. Anything seemed
> possible in Raqqa. But in the view of some who fled the city, it also
> marked the start of its downfall.

There was a failure to suppress counter-revolution. That's what happened to
Raqqa.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291