[Marxism] Nepal

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 06:50:01 MDT 2015

I think I had sent this once before but obviously (and unfortunately) it's
timely once again:
http://newleftreview.org/II/92/achin-vanaik-nepal-s-maoists-in-power
(it may be subscriber only, if so contact me off-list).

Certainly the first priority now is aid to rescue operations, then
rebuilding, etc. But as always in these "natural" disasters, most of the
deaths are due to shoddy building, which in turn are the products of a
corrupt neoliberal government, all in the context of a system in crisis
which is why huge masses moved to such unsafe warrens in the first place.